“A community rooted in love, growing in faith and truth” At Sacred Heart, we aim to develop a caring Catholic Community based upon the life and example of Jesus Christ, which embraces the life and lives of everyone and everything in our school. Our school motto is: What would Jesus do? Do what Jesus did! This encourages us all to reflect on our words and actions and to take responsibility for our choices. It is through Jesus’ message of love and forgiveness that children, all staff, parents and governors, preserve the essential Catholic ethos of our school. We aim to assure all children that they are valued, and they in turn are encouraged to show respect and value to each other and the community. This message is reinforced through our collective worship within school and also with the parish. Our basic objective is to enable each child to strive for excellence and achieve their true potential within a happy Christian environment. We also aim to prepare our children to take their place in society as well-rounded and responsible citizens, with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to contribute to the life and culture of our society Our objectives are:
- To help children to learn that courtesy, good manners, tolerance and helping each other are essential qualities for life.
- To teach a command of basic English and the ability to communicate well through the spoken and written word.
- To promote and encourage an enjoyment of reading.
- To develop a sound knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and operations.
- To teach skills in handwriting, design and technology and other creative arts.
- To develop an understanding and a desire for good health and hygiene. This includes the enjoyment of physical activities, drama, movement and mime, together with a range of recreational games and skills, sports competitions and our Healthy Schools programme.
- To encourage an enquiring mind through the provision of a broad and balanced curriculum and a stimulating environment in which both pupil and teacher can develop his/her knowledge, skills and values. As a result, develop lifelong learners, who when using technology, know how to keep safe and show respect for self and others.
% Attendance week commencing: 9 December 2019
Overall Attendance: 94.31%