“A community rooted in love, growing in faith and truth”
At Sacred Heart, we aim to develop a caring Catholic Community based upon the life and example of Jesus Christ, which embraces the life and lives of everyone and everything in our school.
It is through his message of love and forgiveness that children, all staff, parents and governors, preserve the essential Catholic ethos of our school. We aim to assure all children that they are valued and they in turn are encouraged to show respect and value to each other and the community.
Our basic objective is to enable each child to develop a desire and want to strive for excellence and achieve their true potential within a happy Christian environment. Whilst preparing them to take their place in society as well-rounded and responsible citizens with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to contribute to the life and culture of our society
Our aims are:
- To help children to learn that courtesy, good manners, tolerance and helping each other are essential qualities for life.
- To teach a command of basic English and the ability to communicate well through the spoken and written word.
- To promote and encourage an enjoyment of reading.
- To develop a sound knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and operations.
- To teach skills in handwriting, design and technology and other creative arts.
- To develop an understanding and a desire for good health and hygiene. This includes the enjoyment of physical activities, drama, movement and mime, together with a range of recreational games and skills, sports competitions and our Healthy Schools programme.
- To encourage an enquiring mind through the provision of a broad and balanced curriculum and a stimulating environment in which both pupil and teacher can develop his/her knowledge, skills and values. As a result, develop lifelong learners, who when using technology, know how to keep safe and show respect for self and others.
For our school community to question our actions in all areas of our lives and to make good choices, using Jesus as our role model.
% Attendance By Year Group
Overall School Attendance week ending 16/02/2018: 95.8%